Wait. Who is this mysterious Liebster? And why did he start these awards?
I have no idea, but I am very honored to participate. Here’s what Madhuri says.
“… the Liebster Award is an award by bloggers, for bloggers. It’s handed out to foster good vibes and promote connection and support. It’s also a great way to shine a little extra love on some new peeps.
Subsequent to being nominated, there are a few things you’ve gotta do:
- Post 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to do the same
- Let the bloggers you have nominated know they have been nominated”
Sounds like fun, so here we go!
11 Random Facts About Me
- When I was kid, I loved to play outside and get dirty. I once had a pet roach named him Blackie.
- I got kicked off the National Junior Honor Society for bringing Mad Dog 20/20 to school in a Rave hairspray bottle.
- I love all things Baroque. Harpsichords, corsets, and men in tights.
- I have an aversion to talking on the phone. I avoid phone calls at all cost. I’m not sure why.
- I once played bass guitar in a band called Big Cherry. I was awful, mostly because I was so nervous before performing that I would drink too much scotch.
- I love driving. It seals you into an instant meditation. There’s nothing more peaceful than cruising through the countryside while listening to your favorite music.
- I am deathly allergic to wasps. Anaphylactic shock is one sting away.
- I hate very ripe fruit, especially ripe bananas. Bleck!
- I take my coffee with 2%, no sugar.
- I have lived outside the US for eight and a half years.
- My middle name is Joan, after my mother’s sister.
1. Favorite writer and why? I have many, but right now my literary crush is on Franz Kafka. I adore him because despite being neurotic, miserable, and confused he’s funny, flirty, and has a gorgeous mind.
2. Define happiness. Happiness is being comfortable in your own skin (which I have yet to achieve).
3. Six words to describe you. Irritable, Delusional, Loving, Intelligent, Dorky, Visionary.
4. Favorite literary anti-hero. My Favorite literary anti-hero is my poor disturbed Antoni Azarov, who stopped by last week if you want to meet him. Then it’s a toss-off between Vicomte de Valmont in Dangerous Liaisons, which I just posted in my Fave Movie Characters post, and Heathcliff from Wuthering Heights.
5. Any dreams deferred? Why? My dream deferred was to be an author. Being who I was and where I was a decade ago, it was impossible. I thought it would never happen. Now all of my circumstances have aligned in such a way that I can finally pursue my dream full-force. I’m so grateful The Fates have given me this opportunity.
6. Sneakers or shoes? Flip-flops. I hate my poor toesies all hot and squished.
7. What do you find attractive in a partner? Self-possession is the most attractive trait to me.
8. Tell me a joke. What kind of bee gives milk? A boo-bee. Dah-dum-dum-chi!
9. Poetry or prose? Prose. Tell me a story.
10. Favorite place to write? I have written in cars, hotels, restaurants, while walking; but my favorite place to write is in my bedroom on my massive iMac.
11. Three items going with you to paradise. I’ll take my iPad mini, my music collection, and a notebook with pen.
And the Nominees Are:
NOTE: This list contains some of my old buddies (forgive me if you’ve already been awarded by another blogger), but also some really cool bloggers I met these past few weeks. Acceptance of the award is optional, but I’d really love to know more about…
- Alison Mauldin
- Anne Dias and CN Fernando
- Ashley Kagaoan
- AR Rivera
- Jen Boggs
- Margaret Grant
- Muse Fay
- Shonda Brock
- Sunshine Somerville
- Ray Yanek
- William Pearse
My Questions for the Nominees
- What’s your guiltiest pleasure?
- What’s your weirdest quirk?
- Are you mommy’s or daddy’s boy/girl?
- What’s the biggest disservice one can do to oneself?
- Who’s your current movie/TV star infatuation?
- Name your greatest attribute.
- Are you a health nut or a junk food junkie?
- Name the bad habit you want to break the most.
- Top or bottom?
- Name your biggest pet peeve.
- What’s your favorite topic or theme to write about?
Thanks again to Madhuri Blaylock for nominating My Sweet Delirium!
Leave your comments and questions below 🙂