I’ve been obsessed with tragic love stories since I first read Romeo and Juliet. I guess all of us are afraid of happiness because we know it will never last forever, so we don’t want our characters living happily ever after either.
Here is a contest from Shonda Brock for all those who love to write about doomed lovers. Submit your best 690 words on CURSED LOVE for a chance to win $100 and publicity on Shonda’s blog and social media profiles.
Be sure to check the rules before writing and entering your submission … and good luck!
- Contest is open to all amateur and professional writers.
- Piece can me now more than a year old.
- Piece can not have won any other contests.
- Entrants must be 18 years or older.
- All genres are welcome excluding erotica and those with extremely graphic scenes, fetish themes, and/or overly-explicit language. Such entries will be disqualified at the discretion of the judges.
- Contest begins 10/30/2017. Entries will close on 2/14/2018.
- Winner will be announced 3/14/2018.
- Top five entries will be published on Shonda Brock’s websites and social media profiles.
- Winner will receive a VISA gift card in the amount of $100. If winner is outside North America, they will be given the equivalent in an Amazon eGift card.